Thursday, March 15, 2018

It's A Cutie-Patootie Day

Hi folks, I'm sharing something a little bit different today, not my usual style I admit but I fell in love with the adorable images from Simon Says Stamp Showers and Flowers stamp set included in the March Card Kit...the stamp set is currently out of stock but just click on the "Notify Me When Back In Stock" button and leave your details.

I just happened to be working on a project using Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mixed Media 5 Thinlits, so I thought why not put the two together to make a card featuring the cutest little ducky ever...
I trimmed the MFT Graphic Grid Pastel paper to fit the the front of my A2 card blank. I used the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mixed Media 5 thinlits to die cut the corner of a panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper and fixed to a same sized panel of white cardstock. I coloured through the die cut with Zig Clean Color Brush Markers and created shading around the die cut using a Detailer Brush.
I stamped the duck image and sentiment with SSS Intense Black ink and coloured the image with Zig Markers. I scribbled the blue marker on to my glass mat, spritzed with water, created splatters on the background and added shimmer to the image and the splattered drops with the Tonic Aqua Shimmer Pen.
When the March Card Kit bug bites, you just have to roll with it, so I'll be back tomorrow to share another card made with the second stamp set from the kit...Choose Joy.
And my very own cutie patootie, the member of the cubbyhole crew who is butter wouldn't melt" adorable most of the time gave me a reminder that he's still capable of those "catch you unawares" hooligan moments and is currently on the naughty step indefinitely after yesterday's little escapade.
He had an appointment at the vet for his annual health check and vaccinations. Unfortunately he has a bit of a phobia about vet visits and lord knows how he knew that was where we were heading...silly me for forgetting that dogs are expert at reading body language. Perhaps he picked up on my apprehension at the thought of man-handling a very reluctant 5 stone golden retriever into the consulting room or maybe he spotted his health check record book in my hand but as I went to shut the door of the boot, he snuck under it and took off on a 30 minute "you can't catch me" run-around the lanes near the house. Once he noticed that I was not impressed and had headed back home, he was right behind me looking decidedly sheepish. After an apologetic telephone call to the vet to reschedule the appointment and a few choice words in the ear of said hooligan, Mr "I'm very sorry Mum" Adorable is wagging his tail and showering me with slobbery kisses. And if he CAN read my mind...TAKE NOTE MATEY, fail safe procedures WILL BE put in place...I WILL NOT be caught napping twice.
Toodle-oo for now
Hugs Kath xxx