Thursday, April 12, 2018

Happy Birthday Script/Altenew Take 2...

Hi folks, I'm back to share another card using the Happy Birthday Script die from Simon Says Stamp Fluttering By release and the gorgeous Monochrome Washi Tape from Altenew.

There was no repeat of yesterday's fussy cutting adventure...I went for the easy option of fixing the tape to a panel of Distress Watercolor card on the textured side for a change. I picked up the Stormy Sky and Vintage Photo Distress inks on my fingertips and applied colour here and there to take away the stark white look on the background. I inked up the script stamp from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Entomology with Vintage Photo Archival and stamped randomly on the background. I distressed the edges and inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
I created a faux panel on the A2 card blank using Idea-ology Collector Design Tape.
I added a torn strip of vellum to the Washi Tape panel and machine stitched around the edge to hold it in place. I die cut the Happy Birthday Script from white cardstock 3 times and layered up to create dimension and added white dots to the flowers and vellum panel using a Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen.

I'll be back tomorrow with the third card in my Happy Birthday Script/Altenew Trilogy, in the meantime have fun whatever you're creating. And to check out all the products from Simon Says Stamp Fluttering By release, click HERE.
Hugs Kath xxx