Thursday, April 26, 2018

It's All About Flowers...Day 3

Hi folks, it's Thursday and Day 3 of  my "It's All About Flowers" crafting adventure using Simon Says Stamp Even More Spring Flowers stamp set and the gorgeous 49th & Market Virtual Artistry Papers.
I trimmed a sheet of the Virtual Artistry paper to be slightly smaller than the 6" x 6" square card blank and applied Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide ink through the Latticework Mini Layering Stencil from Set No 4.
I cut small sections from various papers to create a collage, inked the edges with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide and fixed in place with Distress Collage Medium Matte.
I stamped the flowers and leaves from Even More Spring Flowers with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink on to Distress Watercolor card
and die cut using the matching dies. I wasn't sure at this point which flowers I would use but any left-overs will be stored for use later in the handy envelope that comes with the dies.
I coloured the images with Worn Lipstick and Pumice Stone Distress Re-inkers using the Detailer Water Brush and I know that crocuses are not pink but I'm using Artistic Licence here and hey in crafting, anything goes.
I stamped Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous Glorious Bouquet inked with Simon Says Stamp Intense Black to add some interest in the corners
fixed the flowers and leaves in place and added Ranger Black Enamel Accents to the centre of the small flower.
I die cut the word Thanks from black Distress Core'dinations cardstock 3 times  using Simon Says Stamp Script Thanks die, stamped the sentiment from Glorious Bouquet on to a small tag and added an Electic Elements White Thread bow.
I'll be back tomorrow to share the last of the "It's All About Flowers" cards, in the meantime, have fun whatever you're creating.
Hugs Kath xxx